Friday, September 26, 2008

It's all gone wrong...

Kieron

Well it's off. Republican party members are blocking the bail-out. They don't want that much money in the hands of so few...I'm inclined to agree.

So the debate might be off, or with one man-standing. It's all ridiculous.

Now, I accept that no-one could have predicted the seriousness of the collapse, and even if they could, no-one would have listened, so McCain's risky move was made on the fly.

He must have calculated that this might force a delay or cancellation on Friday, and has weighed up the pros and cons of doing this. It might mean no vice-presidential debate and that would certainly favour Palin, who has been hidden away from the press so far.

If it is cancelled, it'd be a shame - Biden is bound to say something stupid (even if he usually gets away with it) and for that matter, so is Palin.

But back to tonight. McCain has taken the gamble, but, the election is still taking place in 39 days. He's got to be at the debate tonight, and I can't believe that anyone actually thinks his presence is making a difference on Capitol Hill. Just as Obama being there means diddly squat.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he'll turn up. If he doesn't I'll be interested how both sides spin it.

Anyway, comfortingly, it wasn't just me who got caught out by Congressional flip-flop - and I don't have a multi-million dollar political team coming out of my backside!

Ladies and Gentleman I give you CNN...



No comments: