Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beg your pardon...




Luke


Sorry, but the last time I checked, I thought it was OK to be an Arab, did I miss a meeting? Even if Obama was a Muslim/Arab (whatever you want to say) that's OK isn't it?

They are insulting the man and every other Arab/Muslim, implying in some way that just being of Middle Eastern/African descent makes him inherently bad.

I think McCain is confusing 'Arab' with 'gigolo'.

Kieron

I wanted to throw in my two cents here. Unlike Luke, I think McCain is dealing with a difficult situation and does OK.

Look in his old weary eyes...you can just see what he's thinking; "Is this what it's become? Am I reduced to correcting a bigoted old lady on basic facts about my opponent? I thought I was running for President."


It's a reflection of how desperate and angry the hardcore red support have become over the last couple of weeks.

I feel sympathy because for the majority of his career the man has worked with both Democrats and Republicans. Whilst I'd question the term Maverick, John McCain has gone up against his party.

But, where my sympathy stops is at the fact that he's letting this grass-roots support turn nasty. The man who pledged a clean campaign back in April only has his himself to blame for having to deal with such ridiculous comments.



2 comments:

RantinRay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RantinRay said...

Here we see examples of the banality of the evil that festers at the root of the American experience.